Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
"A little bit of this, a little bit of that, enjoy your visit!"

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts...Following the Rest of the World...

...hopefully. Today, of course as you must know already, is Earth Day. Most blogs I visited today have written about it, mentioned it or referred to it in some way, shape or form. I will not be the exception. As I live in a building with 6 other apartments in it and an infrequent maintenance team, you might as well have guessed...our small yard and larger parking area are dirty with litter of all kinds. Just yesterday I stood on my porch and surveyed the parking area and saw empty soda and water bottles, styrofoam plates, chip bags, and all sorts of other garbage. Cigarette butts littered the ground at the stairs to come into the building, broken toys that we have deposited into the garbage buckets have taken up residency in the parking lot, rather than staying retired to the trash. Sad, but this is how our neighbors seem to prefer to live.

I decided then that in the morning, I would call our office manager and ask if the maintenance crew could drop off a large push broom, a rake and a shovel so that I could clean this disgusting-ness up. Alas, I became ill late last night and found that I couldn't sleep at all. I was still up when the light crept through the windows this morning, and I finally lay down about 10:30 a.m. I knew my day would be shot as I still was not feeling kosher. So, I am very disappointed that I didn't get to participate in my own little way. On the other hand, I did hand wash a handful of little clothes (personable's) and hung them out on our clothesline to dry. My way of saving energy by not using a washer or a dryer. I hope I am not being precocious in assuming that my little act has contributed in some way today, I sincerely hope it has and I hope to feel better tomorrow so that while my boys play outside, I can tackle the area they have to play in out there and not worry about what they are wont to pick up off the ground...as little boys do.

I hope everyone had a productive Earth Day and contributed in whatever way you could so that our children and their children have a decent, healthy planet to live on when we're gone.

Much Luvz, Witchie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails