Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
"A little bit of this, a little bit of that, enjoy your visit!"

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Giving up my SAHM status??

After a particularly tiring day starting with being woken up only an hour after I fell asleep, then again at 4 a.m. AND then again at 7:30-ish a.m.; then cleaning and chasing a little bugger around, I went to a doctor appointment with a friend in support of her (she was having a 2nd pap done and was very anxious about it). The wait in the examining room was interminable, but I kept her laughing and forgetting her fears of why she was there. From there I went to another friends' house to pick up some food she was donating to a family in desperate need (Us!) and came home to cook supper, catch up on my emails in hopes that someone had gone to my webstore and bought something (hopes were dashed, all I got was an email for a Facebook dating app.) and clean again.

With my sleep being interrupted every night by my 2 year old, I find that I'm taking afternoon naps now. I begin to slow down around 3 p.m. and by 5 p.m., my eyes are literally closing. Today, after getting supper in the oven, I found myself experiencing this same phenomenon, so I told my husband that I was going to lay down for about an hour or so. I was out the minute my head hit the pillow!

My inner clock woke me approximately an hour and a half later...just before my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number but I answered anyway. I am so glad I did too because it turned out to be one of the hiring managers at our local Walmart asking me if I would like to come in for an interview for a position they were trying to fill. Now I know Walmart isn't a glamorous job, but hell it's a job and in this economy any job is a good job seeing as my husband was laid off roughly about 3 weeks ago!

So, I'm going tomorrow at 2 p.m. for my interview. I have work experience under my belt...at my age, I should, but I'm what one would call a job-hopper. I like variety and sometimes a job becomes so routine that I get bored with it and move on. I haven't worked for a little over 4 years and this will be a very big change for me seeing as I'm used to diapers, dr. appointments, running errands and working as best as I can here on the computer trying to generate money into our humble little abode here.

Now hopefully I do get the job AND I can refrain from babbling toddler talk with customers and co-workers!

"Here, let me show you where our best moomies are!"

Wish me luck and send me some positive energy!!

Much Luvz, Witchie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails