Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
"A little bit of this, a little bit of that, enjoy your visit!"

Monday, May 24, 2010

Job Update...again...

So, it's been a bizarre day. I'm sore from the sunburn still, sweating bullets here (hot flashes? night sweats?) and felt groggy most of the day. I did end up having to call WalMart and I learned that they could not reach one of my references. However I did it, I put a 2 instead of a 1 when I put the number down (silly me!). So, I corrected my mistake while on the phone with the asst. manager and she said she'd call me in 10 minutes.

I had time to call my friend to let her know what happened and to be expecting the call. Ten minutes later, I get the call. We would like you to come in to fill out some ppr. work, get the directions to take the drug test and we can take it from there. So, I change my clothes (didn't wanna go there in a halter top, no bra and just shorts, all because of a sunburn) and head to WalMart.

She reiterated w/me on the starting pay, had me sign the necessary ppr work and they told me that I might be able to make it to the medical facility that does the drug testing today. The directions (from mapquest...ugh!) said that the trip would take roughly 27 minutes. Okay, it was only 3:30, the place closed at 4:30...I should be able to make it.

First thing that should have told me that I was on a fool's errand was road work which took almost 10 minutes to get through. After finally clearing that, I drove for another 45 minutes without ever finding the place! Did I sneer enough when I said, mapquest? Well, after wasting a bit of gas by not finding this place, I decided to turn around and head home. I would go early tomorrow morning using our GPS. I was looking for a road called Asylum St., how appropriate!

Hopefully the trip tomorrow will be shorter than today because I also have a doctor's appt . for 12:15. Once Walmart gets the results back and the results back from the BCI (which I'd thought they'd done already), then she will call me with the orientation date.

All this for $8.20/hr? If we didn't absolutely need this extra income, you know what I'd be saying right?


Much Luvz, Witchie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails